Countdown to see Reinna

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Handwritten Letter dated April 22, 2013

4/22/13

Querida familia,

I have been gone for almost two months! How crazy is that?! So I hope you are all doing great. Connelly is like my investigators here...like when they say they will meet with us and then they aren't home. Yep Connelly, you said you would write, but I am letterless! Actually it is alright that you haven't written because I don't know when I'm leaving, but I feel really far away from you all now. It's strange. So my companions, hermana Wilcox is from Utah. She played some basketball in high school, but is mainly a volleyball player. She is super funny. Hermana Case has been out for a year....oh Wilcox has been set apart 2 weeks longer than me, but has been in the field 2 months longer than me! Weird! Anyway, Hermana Case mainly did track and volleyball, but they are both just as athletic. Oh I...whoa I totally lost my train of thought. I am really tired, but I have managed to stay awake for the last three days in personal study! YEA! It is super hard to focus your eyes that early in the morning.

Oh so apparently I am a germ freak! Like not super bad, but a little bit. We were knocking at an apartment complex and a super nice family let us in, but their house was a wreck and the dad was smoking and I had to shake his hand of course and yea, I was scared to touch things...I have been praying not to be OCD, but people are dirty...and everyone smokes here! Also, my hands are always so cold that other people's warm hands freak me out a little. Yea it sounds bad now that I writing my thoughts down:) I do hope to get over it soon because I see now that most people just tend to not be so clean. Oh I only have name tags in Spanish so everyone we meet thinks my name is Hermana while my companions' are "sister". It's kinda funny, but I am tempted to order an english name tag. Well, tell me about you all when you get the chance! I will get to Skype you next month, crazy right?!

Anyway, I pray for y'all all the time! I know you are all doing great because the Holy Ghost told me so:) I love being a missionary! I know that the iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias es verdadera. Yo se que Jose Smith fue un profeta llamado de dios y por medio de el, el tradujo el libro de mormon. Yo se que Thomas S Monson es un profeta de dios tambien. Les amo mucho! Estoy agradecido por nuestro Salvador y redentor, Jesucristo. Porque por medio de el, podemos regresar a nuestro padre celestial y vivir alla juntos. ¡Hey den los misioneros referencias! I love you all so much! I hope life is great:)

Love,
Hermana Quick

No comments:

Post a Comment