Countdown to see Reinna

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 20, 2014 Formosa, Argentina

I am so sorry that i forgot to mention that i had consejo yesterday! I spent the whole day in Resistencia. Our bus left at 5:30AM and we got back at 10:30PM! Yep we are dead today. 

It is interesting, because i can see every thing that i have accomplished in my mission. When i got here the thought of speaking in front of a group of missionaries terrified me more than anything else. i shared a quick message in consejo in front of all the leaders and pte Heyman, and i was alright. I woke up this morning and i also spoke in our zone conference. I am shocked at how i have grown and how much i trust the Lord now. I have accepted the fact that i won´t ever be fluent in Spanish, but God didn´t call me to be a spanish speaker, he called me to preach the gospel and to share his teachings and love with everyone...Yep i may not the best missionary on the planet, but i know i have the Holy Ghost as my constant companion and i know the Lord will use me as an instrument in his hands. I don´t know when i decided that comparing myself was just satan making me feel bad, but really i am very tranquila. I am so excited to talk with you in spanish when i get back. i know that when i am finally out of this spanish speaking situation i will begin to understand even more. 

Well this week was hard. We have been doing divisions twice a week because next week is transfers and whoa hermanas are straight up crazy at times! I am emotionally exhausted from the drama sometimes. i thankfully get along really well with my companion. we are both super chill and just wanna work. we understand each other and we haven´t had one problem...like seriously it has been soo easy that i am really scared of transfers. 

i got all sick this week again...i talked to hna Heyman because i feel like i am always getting sick and it is so much worse in the heat! The heat isn´t the problem. it is the humidity and the sol! (That is SUN for all non-Spanish speakers) The sol is so much more intense here! It burns like no other and when we are walking i can feel it just frying me. not fun. hopefully i stay in my area though because i don´t have to walk so much :) 

Hey i wanna go to the spanish ward with you when i get back! Also we go to the temple in buenos aires before we come home, but do they have other spanish sessions in the states? (Silly Reinna...of course we have Spanish sessions at the temple) Sounds like your reunion is gonna be awesome this summer! I am excited to see the fotos in person :) I am super glad Connelly is doing good. i am gonna read his email in a second. Oh Linsey Austiana Zarate was born last week! I seriously love that family and it is so cool that they are using austi´s name. Oh every Tuesday we have lunch with my pervious branch president. He is so intelligent, instead of sharing spiritual thoughts we definitely drill him and his wife with intense deep doctrinal questions. Yep i am so excited to study the scriptures better after the mission! It is gonna be amazing!  

Well i have to go to work, but my companion and i are like zombies so that is gonna be interesting, we also have divisions again so that will be exhausting. and let's see... we have a couple people that we are gonna visit today and they really have potential, one might be baptized Saturday...we shall see. Gotta run. Send my love to everyone!

Hermana Quick

No comments:

Post a Comment