Countdown to see Reinna

Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 6, 2014 Formosa, Argentina

Hey i am writing late because we had last minute interviews come up with president Heyman, so i actually haven´t had a pday yet, but i did get the opportunity to ask him a few questions about things and also about my return date. You should postpone the reunion because i will be coming home at the end of august. (Sorry Reinna...it's happening without you this year).  I will get a complete 18 months:) Also president showed me his blog and it has two pictures of me, which was cool. I think his wife must read my blog at times because she had one of the pictures that i sent you :) 

I hope Connelly waits to go to his mission before he goes, but if he doesn´t, i understand :) Let's see this week was good, two days ago our air conditioning broke so yep i haven´t slept much, i have just melted like a popsicle. It rained this week! Yep rain is always amazing and then when it goes away it is the worst thing ever! the humidity kills! But this week hasn´t been so bad, heat wise. 

Oh i found out this morning that the old man i baptized, he had 81 years. (Poor Reinna forgot that we don't say he had 81 years in English, but luckily we can figure out what she meant! At least we know she's immersed in the language!) My old leaders called to tell me that he passed away yesterday. Yep we baptized him just in time. I actually don´t feel too sad because I know he will accept the rest of his work. 

I built a book shelf my last pday. that was pretty fun. I found a eel thing, but some members said that it is actually a water serpent and it is venomous. it didn´t move so much and i definitely poked it a bunch so that was dumb. It was funny because we were walking and i jokingly said watch out for the snake, but i thought it was a cable, yep it was a water snake. Also i kill one cockroach every day in my apartment, i took pictures because i killed one that was on the end of a broom stick and i hit is so hard and so fast that it just dropped dead. Yep the pole didn´t even move. i am like a ninja cockroach killer! 

We saw a lot of success this week with our investigators and we have a baptism or two planned for every weekend. Hopefully it all works out! Pray for me! We have a mom and her son this weekend and the mom has her doubts but she is still in the testimony building process. She really likes the iglesia and she thinks that the book of Mormon is true. We just have to help her realize what that means. They are super awesome though! My companion and i are getting along great! She is super funny and we have found a way to enjoy every moment, even when everything falls through. I am doing great. i really like my area and it is super small but that makes it easier to round everybody up for church! In five minutes we can pass by everybody's house. 

I took some pictures so i will send them your way right now, ojalá it works! 

Hey tell everyone that i love them tons!!!! Tell Austianna that a member here is using her name for her baby...okay i don´t know if that makes sense the baby´s middle name is going to be austianna! I suggested marsallai also but it didn´t go as well with the first name :) Hey i love you all sooooo much! I am doing great and i am not trunky but i am excited to see you all again come August:)! Love you!

Hermana Quick

No comments:

Post a Comment