Countdown to see Reinna

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

February 10, 2014 Formosa, Argentina

Well this is from a couple different days but today we went to a laguna because i wanna see a crocodile and a carpincho, but no go! It turns out one was super close but my companions and i were goofing off and we missed it. Also i sent some pictures of me and my comp and mili (amazing member) 

okay i am trying to send more but it is suuuper slow!

(Dad says: So do people go swimming in the river there? It seems like a really bad idea given that there could be crocodiles or paranas.)

People do go swimming in this river!!! They have some nets to keep the bad stuff out but i wouldn´t trust them. (It seems a little crazy!)

 I don´t know if shoes need to be sent separately it is just what i have heard as nobody wants to steal just one shoe out of a package. Makes sense to me. Thanks for putting something together for me!!!! Could you sneak some candy in there ;) Love you all soo much! Thanks for your words of advice about the mission. But don´t worry i am thankful for the heat because i remember the cold here...yep its miserable and it is the worst in August so i am gonna come home nice and white :) This week wasn´t the best but it was alright. It seems that nobody wants to talk to us because it is so hot and that has been tough but we are working hard and we still see little miracles every day. I can´t think of anything interesting we did this week...just work. Oh! I finished the book of mormon today in english and whoa i must say i love it!!!! I will finish dyc(Doctrine and Convenents) this week and the next week the new testament so that is super exciting! I also decided my favorite profeta is mormon. he is such a beast! He is the ultimate ejemplo of perseverar hasta el fin! He took control of the armies of the nefitas when he had 16 years(that would be 16 years old for those of us who still speak English...the girl thinks like a Spanish speaker now) and the whole time he knew they were gonna fail but he kept the faith and well he died in the end, but he died with the knowledge that he did his part and really that's all we can do.

(I told Reinna that Jared Nelson was also complaining about the heat. I guess everybody thinks their heat is worse!!) Whoa jared doesn´t even know! I hear all the time about how it gets hot in cordoba and rosario but Formosa is miserable! I have to wear a hat or i will end my day throwing up. actually its a problem, half the missionaries from my zone got sick last week because of the heat, but so far i have only gotten headaches and my companion also. But the heat is more like molten lava that slowly eats your legs up and then you have to breath it too...it's intense, but thank goodness it isn´t cold! my companion asked if you could jar up some of that cold and send it our way...yep you don´t have to do that, it's okay.

So connelly...i sent him a letter today but can you sing for him suuuper loud like scream a little and then tell him it was from me?

Have a great week,

Hermana Quick


No comments:

Post a Comment