Countdown to see Reinna

Monday, April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014 Sáenz Peña, Chaco, Argentina

First your hat from alcatraz is pretty sweet!!! (I sent her a pic of me boarding at 49 Degrees North on Saturday) I felt like I was with you in the snow the other day as Monday and Tuesday it was super hot, but then a big ole storm came and whoa, we are all in coats with our heaters turned on now. I think this week it will get really hot again though. Where is Connelly playing this year on his team? Is he running track too? Did you visit the farm house with the huge hay shoot in Rexburg?  I went there quite a few times and it is owned by a familia Lovell. Grandma Quick I believe has a picture of it. 

Whoa, the thought of running sounds intense. I gained a kilo of ice cream this week from my leaders. We made a deal that if our 4 baptisms happened we would get a kilo from them and if they didn´t happen or one fell through we would buy a medio kilo for them. Yep we got the kilo!!!! Some dulce de leche con brownie, cereza, chocolate blanco, and tiramisu really makes your day all better. Also our baptisms happened!!!!! I don´t think i have ever prayed so much in my life! We had sooo many obstáculos and one of our baptisms had a ton of doubts because of her boyfriend, but we got the situation all figured out and he is gonna be baptized next month too:) He went to her baptism and then to church on Sunday and now he is pumped, but whoa, he bajó la caña a nuestra investigadora (got after our investigator!). It was tough and of course it rained suuuper hard and we gave a lesson by candle light because the power got cut. All in all it was an awesomely stressful week, but our branch now is looking more animated, because we had 4 baptisms and the elders had 4 more and well it took a half hour to get them all confirmed. It was great. My companion almost fell in the mud during the storm so that was funny. We had interviews with president and that was cool. While we were waiting for our interview we had to do practices in front of everyone again, but it was alright. Yep and this week we have two more baptisms so it's pretty exciting. Hey, you never told me the favorite scripture stories of everyone! I need to know! I sent you all a letter today...okay it had a couple letters and it was 48 pesos! mail is expensive here. 

My companion is cool, and I need her to stay because her knowledge of the area is much better than mine. Transfers are next week and i hope we stay together because together we have been doing good work! We are looking at baptisms every weekend so far. Hopefully we both stay. Tell Austi hello and that i love her! Scripture stories!!!! Tell them I want to know what everyone's favorites are...I need this info:)

I love you sooo very much and I pray for you always. I am doing really good, but please keep me in your prayers, and make sure Connelly reads a little bit from the scriptures every day too! Have I mentioned that I love you, because I really do! Tell the family how much I love them tooo!!!!!! I am so grateful that we are gonna be an eternal family and that thought really motivates me :) Have a fantastic week!!!

I love you soooo much!!!!!

Hermana Quick

No comments:

Post a Comment