Countdown to see Reinna

Friday, April 5, 2013

4-5-13 Emails from Reinna


Yes so on Tuesday this week I went and got my fingerprints taken again and on Tuesday I go meet with the consul and then on Thursday I will get my reassignment...Yes so I will be here another week...I am excited and yet not at the same time because i really wanna teach a real investigator but this does give me a great opportunity to learn more before I get out in the field. 
This week has been super hard, but I got laryngitis this week and I literally didn't have a voice. It is super hard to share the gospel without talking so I was literally the mute of our district and I went to the doctor and he informed me that the best thing I can do is not talk at all. I have most of my voice back now, but it still hurts a little. The doctor kinda freaked me out because he told me I could easily damage my vocal cords and develop node things. yeah. It was hard but I got through it, but that wasn't what really made my week hard. For the last two weeks my companion has been in a lot of pain and we have been going to the doctor a lot so she could get a bunch of different tests done. Yesterday we found out for sure that she will be going home next week and she will be getting her gallbladder removed. It has been extremely hard watching her suffer and not being able to do anything. She could barely eat because of the pain and then my other companion was also sick at the same time. I didn't have a voice and well I have definitely been tried. It is better today because my companion is coming to terms with going home, but it was super hard to see her struggle and know that nothing I said would make a difference.
I will send this now so you know I'm online. Oh and I won't be able to call today but I will be able to next week after I get my reassignment.

So my last email pretty much summarizes my week. Oh! Easter! We got to hear from a member of the presiding bishopric which I didn't know what that was until now. It was just a really good day because in the morning we had the sacrament meeting with 3 thousand of us and it was amazing! They had 100 elders passing the sacrament. Later that night we then heard from Sheri Dew and it was a fantastic talk! I learned so much about the atonement and how to better apply it in my life. Seriously though I didn't have the strongest grasp of the atonement but now i feel even more grateful and more blessed to have a knowledge of Jesus Christ's sacrifice for me. Oh and Tuesday we had another fantastic talk by Elder Ringwood of the seventy and it was about enduring to the end. It was amazing! I can't fully describe how amazing it was, but afterwards we were having a district review and I totally started bawling! I was embarrassed, but the talk meant a lot to me especially because we have had a rough time as a companionship. I do feel closer to my companions now more than ever. Well it is about time for me to wrap it up, but I love you all and appreciate all of your support! I am looking forward to this next week because it will be better! Because i am gonna only focus on the positive and well Jesus Christ suffered all things and that includes the MTC stay :) Love you sooo much!
Hermana Quick

No comments:

Post a Comment